Many people are now deciding to live together without the need to marry. What happens when a relationship breaks down?

There are many implications attached to a relationship break down. For example Mr Jones and Ms Smith decide to live together in Mr Jones’ house. Ms Smith has paid for an extension but her name is not on the deeds. Ten years later the relationship breaks down and Mr Jones tells Ms Smith he wants her to leave his house. What rights does Ms Smith have? We can rely upon Trust Law and ask the court to decide what amount Ms Smith is entitled to from the house in view of her contribution to the property i.e. the extension. Also we can obtain an injunction preventing Mr Jones from evicting Ms Smith from his house.

Let’s get started

Get In Touch With Us